for 1 portion:
- 5 Tablespoons (50g) Rolled Oats
- 5 Tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup or Honey (Adjust Amount To Taste)
- 1 Small Apple – Grated
- Handful of Fresh Fruit Eg. Berries, Banana, Mango, Kiwi,
- 1 Small Carrot – Very Finely Grated (Optional).
- Place Oats in a small glass and mix in the milk and the syrup.
- Stir well.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- In morning simply add the grated apple and a little extra milk to loosen. Add the carrot at this point if using. Stir to mix a little and then top with the other fruit.
- This takes minimal preparation in the morning. Prepare the fruit the night before. Apple and carrot are best grated just before serving.
- This also makes a delicious dessert. You can make larger amounts of the oats and milk as it will keep in the fridge in a covered container for about 4 days.