for 1 portion:
- large handful fresh spinach
- 1 large slice of watermelon
- 1 banana – frozen
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- small knob of ginger – peeled
- 1/2 lime – peeled
- 300 ml of water or coconut water (adjust amount to get your desired consistency)
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender and drink immediately.
- Top Tips:
- To peel ginger easily – use a small spoon to scrape off skin.
- To freeze bananas – peel and slice and then freeze open on a tray until hard. Then transfer to a freezer bag. If you make a habit of cutting a banana into say 6 pieces, when you come to take the required amount of frozen banana, then you will know that 6 pieces makes one whole banana