- 6 apples of your choice – peel, core & chop
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Cook until the apple pieces are soft with rough edges. The colour should be russet brown from the cinnamon.
- Spoon the mixture into about 6 ramekins or small bowls.
- Eat them warmed up or cold.
- Serve with some fat free quark or fat free yoghurt.
- Add a handful of berries if you wish.
Tip: Keeps in fridge for about 3 days or you can freeze.