for 2 servings:
- 100g pudding or Arborio rice
- 50g caster sugar
- lemon zest>
- 500ml skimmed milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh fruit – diced eg. mango, banana, strawberries.
- Put the rice, sugar, lemon zest and milk in a pan and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Once at boiling point turn the heat down to a simmer and continue to cook for about 40 minutes stirring regularly to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom and burning.
- At the end of cooking most of the liquid should be gone and the rice mixture should be thick & creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in diced fruit. Leave to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Dust with cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Best eaten at once but can be stored in the fridge for 2 days once it has cooled.