for 2 or 3 servings:
- 1/2 can of chickpeas – drain & rinse
- 2 red pepper – cooked. Prepare your own or use peppers in jars of brine
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thick low-fat quark or yoghurt
- good pinch of salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend everything in a food processor or Nutribullet until smooth.
- Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve spread on bread/toast with lettuce, tomato and cucumber or simply as a dip with raw vegetables.
- This can be made in advance and stored covered in the fridge for 3 days. Great to use as part of a packed lunch or as a snack (2 tablespoons with some raw vegetables to dip in or spread on lettuce leaves.
- Cook some peppers by simply slicing thinly and cooking in a pan with a little vegetable stock until softened. Add more stock as required to prevent peppers from burning.