Lentil stew with vegetables
for 4 servings:
- 300 g lentils
- 1 onion
- 1 courgette
- 2 carrots
- 1 tomato
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 dessert spoon of hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock (as a substitute for oil)
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- In a pot, heat the vegetable stock and lightly fry the onion and garlic until they turn translucent.
- Then add the diced carrot and courgette.
- Once the vegetables are golden, cut the tomato into four and add to the pot.
- Add the lentils, bay leaves and paprika and add water to cover all of the ingredients, plus another 2-3 cm.
- Cook for about 45 minutes. Turn up the heat until the water starts to boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer. Keep the lid on the pot. Stir the lentils now and again. Add more water if needed.
- Serve and enjoy.